Skip to main content

Dry_Farming

Dry Farming: A Regenerative Path Through El Niño A New Era of Climate-Resilient Agriculture El Niño is reshaping climate in certain key areas of agriculture lands all over the World with delayed monsoons, prolonged dry spells, and rising temperatures.   WARNING SIGNS As groundwater levels fall and irrigation becomes unreliable, farmers need a system that works with drought-not against it. Dry farming offers exactly that. Dry farming is a regenerative, low-water method that relies on soil moisture, native seeds, and intelligent land management. It is one of the most powerful tools for India’s climate future. Why Dry F arming Matters During El Niño El Niño disrupts India’s rainfall patterns, causing: ·        Delayed monsoons ·        Long dry periods ·        Higher heat stress ·        Reduced groundwater recharge ·     ...

I am Pi

3/14 -
Pi -  is the ratio of the circumference of a circle to its diameter and it remains the same for any size. (Planet Jupiter size circle or penny sized circle). Pi is special.

A Poem on Pi



written by my daughter who is a 7th grader 

I AM Pi

3.1415926535……
For years I have been lurking, elusive
Pursued by the brightest of minds, mathematicians
In the ancient times I have been studied relentlessly
By the Egyptians, Chinese, Indians by candlelight
Never ceased to be truly lost until one day
Archimedes thought of how to say
Numerically the ratio of a circle’s circumference to its diameter
...89793238462…
Fast forward to the modern times
Believed to have been mastered by computers
Better yet, the human brain
Calculated to digits you cannot perceive
That’s the beauty of me
Left alone, I serve you well
Needed for all the calculations, the area, the circumference
Students toil over me
Trying to grasp my vastness, my complexity
I will never be contained… I am irrational
One of a kind, a juggernaut
You can’t stop me… Literally
...64338327950...
So what am I?
Sure, the ratio of a circle’s circumference to its diameter
But also a symbol, iconic to the essence of math
Used in trigonometry, geometry
Not just math, but also science
Prominent in astrophysics, thermodynamics, mechanics
I’ve been thought of 22/7
But that’s inaccurate, heed my warning
Don’t try to rationalize me
I am used to make sense of circles, spheres, ellipses
You think I was formulated just for mathematics?
If you didn’t know, for centuries, I’ve been a Greek letter
Surprised? Think of where I’ve come from
...28841971693…
Well, I’m so special
I’ve got my own holiday, March 14
You think other math terms have celebrations?
Didn’t think so
Students bake pies, decorate them with me
Frantically try to memorize my digits
It’s a day to commemorate
The abundance and benefits of math
But also to remember the struggles, the history
I was rooted in deep
Until you got me
Make the best of it, I will always change
From the ancient times to the contemporary
I am a juggernaut, irrational
Don’t try to approximate me...

Her poem about Bird's spot while on 4th grade.



Comments

Unknown said…
Amitha,
Excellent work!
Very creative! Great flow of words!
Keep writing..Way to Go
Venu Uncle
Makesh said…
Thank You Venu - Makesh

Popular posts from this blog

Farmers_Regenerative_Guide

  🌱 Regenerative Agriculture:  A Simple Guide for Every Farmer - By @EAFARMS  (A certified farm's  experience  - EAFARMS is a Sustainable Organic Natural Agriculture (SONA) Farm with regenerative, permaculture, indigenous, ZBNF and spiritual farming methodologies)  Healthy Soil • Healthy Food • Healthy Future Today’s world needs farming that protects soil, water, food quality, human health and the planet . Regenerative agriculture is not a new concept, it’s a return to natural, smart, and sustainable farming practices that our ancestors followed.  The goal is simple:  G ive back more to the soil than we take from it. Regenerative farming in simple terms so any farmer can understand and start practicing today. 🌾 What Is Regenerative Agriculture? Regenerative agriculture means farming in a way that improves soil health,  increases crop yield naturally,  protects biodiversity and reduces chemical usage.  Instead of only focusing...

Greening the Environment

As deforestation is occurring in the name of development especially road expansions all over World,  it is very important to plant more and more trees to green the environment. Trees are very important for the environment.  They not only provide important oxygen but also are very important for rainfall for the areas they are in, apart from so many other benefits. Every one knows it is one of the important tool to fight the human induced climate change as it acts as great carbon sink. In India, Great Dr. Kalam envisioned the importance of trees, persuaded many to plant as many trees as one can. Recently, I had privilege to communicate with many volunteers, who want to plant as many trees as they can to reap the benefits, especially by the future generations. These great volunteers provide their valuable time and hard work. We have to salute each and every one for them for their hard work. As an Environmental Scientist, I am proud of such volunteers, and I will contribute my kn...

Sustainable Organic Natural Agriculture - Regenerative Farming

Sustainable Organic Natural Agriculture   Regenerative Farming EAFARMS Artificial Chemical Free Natural Farming: At EAFarms , we practice artificial chemical free farming. We use farm manure, natural defenses in our agriculture practices. Our aim is to produce artificial chemical free produce . Also we  avoid Genetically Modified Organisms .  We strictly use farm manure instead of chemical fertilizers.  We are Tamil Nadu Organic Certified farm :   We also laboratory tested our produce and found no traces of artificial chemicals.  Since food is one of the most important part of human life it is better to produce it in natural way. In Hindi language SONA (Sustainable Organic Natural Agriculture) means Gold. We at EAFarms ,  consider our produce as GOLD (Green Organic Land Development). Creating habitat and protecting Wildlife: At EAFarms we have created forests with lots of trees . Trees are important part of our EAFar...