Skip to main content

NISI

  NATURAL INTELLIGENCE (NI)  & SUPERINTELLIGENCE (AI ->SI) What a 100-Year-Old Banyan Tree Teaches Us About Nature’s Intelligence and the Future of AI A Humble Reflection on How One Living Tree - and the Vast Cosmos Beyond - Can Guide Us Toward a More Harmonious Artificial & Superintelligence (ASI) "Katrathu Kai Mann Alavu, Kallathathu Ulagalavu"  (கற்றது கைமண் அளவு, கல்லாதது உலகளவு) — Avvaiyar, Legendary Ancient Tamil Poet & Philosopher " What one knows is merely a handful of sand;  what remains unknown is the size of the world ." ENVIRONMENT • BIOLOGY • DATA •  NATURAL INTELLIGENCE  • ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE • SUPER INTELLIGENCE Artificial Intelligence is advancing at extraordinary speed. Large language models can write, reason, generate images, analyze scientific information and increasingly operate as agents. The next frontier - Artificial Super Intelligence, or ASI, is often imagined as a system capable o...

Nonvegeterian to Vegeterian

I was brought up in a family where we love to eat non-veg food. If guests were invited and not provided with some kind of non-vegeterian food, it was referred as ill treatment. I loved to eat meat. Whatever meat - from chicken, fish, to beef (I used to play and feel very hungry and we used to go to a Muslim restaurant in Coimbatore and check out chili beef instead of chicken because it was cheaper and no difference in taste. Though I am a Hindu I had beef because of the above reason) and any kind of meat available. When I came to US for higher studies, I had only non-veg food. Me and friends used to eat lots of chicken (Spicy chicken by Andhra roommates), beef (Punjabi room mates, Philli Cheese Steak & McD Big Mac), Pork (Chinese friends & Pepporoni Pizza). We used to go to a Chinese restaurant so often and order the same food routinely. The owner used to prepare the ribs as soon as we entered the restaurant. In childhood days, my aunt prepared the best fried fish in the world and we never stopped eating those fish. I even boycotted eating lunch without any meat and argued with my wife that some kind of meat should be there for lunch.

Once my close friend’s father (visited for my friend’s graduation from India) told me to give up non-veg food. After his words I still had meat and totally forgot his advice. In 1997, my beloved aunt passed away. At that time my friend’s father’s advice came to mind and once and for all, I gave up eating non-veg food. I gave up egg also (I used to eat all forms of egg – Scramble, Omelet, Half boiled and raw egg along with Poriyal and Karandy). I feel so good after that. Even amidst the criticism of avid non-veg loving family, I eat only vegetarian food and no craving for non veg food!!!!

Reason for writing this:

Today my friend sent me a link:

Poor Chickens & Poor Animals


Poor Fishes
And now I feel good that I am a vegetarian.

He also emailed me the following:

A review of available research indicates that the more processed meat people eat, the more likely people are to develop stomach cancer.

Processed meats include bacon, sausage, hot dogs, salami, ham, and smoked or cured meat. The review looked at 40 years' worth of studies on the relationship between these meats and stomach cancer. Some of the studies examined hundreds and thousands
of people.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Farmers_Regenerative_Guide

  🌱 Regenerative Agriculture:  A Simple Guide for Every Farmer - By @EAFARMS  (A certified farm's  experience  - EAFARMS is a Sustainable Organic Natural Agriculture (SONA) Farm with regenerative, permaculture, indigenous, ZBNF and spiritual farming methodologies)  Healthy Soil • Healthy Food • Healthy Future Today’s world needs farming that protects soil, water, food quality, human health and the planet . Regenerative agriculture is not a new concept, it’s a return to natural, smart, and sustainable farming practices that our ancestors followed.  The goal is simple:  G ive back more to the soil than we take from it. Regenerative farming in simple terms so any farmer can understand and start practicing today. 🌾 What Is Regenerative Agriculture? Regenerative agriculture means farming in a way that improves soil health,  increases crop yield naturally,  protects biodiversity and reduces chemical usage.  Instead of only focusing...

Greening the Environment

As deforestation is occurring in the name of development especially road expansions all over World,  it is very important to plant more and more trees to green the environment. Trees are very important for the environment.  They not only provide important oxygen but also are very important for rainfall for the areas they are in, apart from so many other benefits. Every one knows it is one of the important tool to fight the human induced climate change as it acts as great carbon sink. In India, Great Dr. Kalam envisioned the importance of trees, persuaded many to plant as many trees as one can. Recently, I had privilege to communicate with many volunteers, who want to plant as many trees as they can to reap the benefits, especially by the future generations. These great volunteers provide their valuable time and hard work. We have to salute each and every one for them for their hard work. As an Environmental Scientist, I am proud of such volunteers, and I will contribute my kn...

Sustainable Organic Natural Agriculture - Regenerative Farming

Sustainable Organic Natural Agriculture   Regenerative Farming EAFARMS Artificial Chemical Free Natural Farming: At EAFarms , we practice artificial chemical free farming. We use farm manure, natural defenses in our agriculture practices. Our aim is to produce artificial chemical free produce . Also we  avoid Genetically Modified Organisms .  We strictly use farm manure instead of chemical fertilizers.  We are Tamil Nadu Organic Certified farm :   We also laboratory tested our produce and found no traces of artificial chemicals.  Since food is one of the most important part of human life it is better to produce it in natural way. In Hindi language SONA (Sustainable Organic Natural Agriculture) means Gold. We at EAFarms ,  consider our produce as GOLD (Green Organic Land Development). Creating habitat and protecting Wildlife: At EAFarms we have created forests with lots of trees . Trees are important part of our EAFar...